In this blog you will find the random thoughts and highlights of my every day life. Things in my day that may be funny, exciting, happy, disappointing, and sometimes sad............but through it all, my prayer is that you will see God in my life. Because without Him, nothing would matter~

Proverbs 3: 5 - 6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowlegde Him, and he will direct your paths."

Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Blessings

Blessings
As I write this, I am half asleep as I woke up at 5 this morning to the panicked cry of my little man, crying...no, screaming.... because he had a horrible nosebleed that resulted in TONS of blood all over his face and hair, pouring from both nostrils. Scared this mommy to death! He is fine after a big hug and some loving (and Orange Juice) from mommy. It stopped as quick as it started but that is not a good way to start a day! I've seen my share of emergencies in my life, but nothing ever prepares me for when it is MY child that is bleeding, hurting, sick or struggling to breathe. There is nothing more frightening than that helpless feeling. I would do anything to take his place.
Anyway, I was checking a blog today from an adoption agency that we are looking at it and the lyrics to "Blessings" by Laura Story were written there. The writer was talking about this song and how it can relate so closely to adoption. It really blessed me and spoke to me. When I first heard that song, I told my husband,"I don't know who wrote that song, but I can tell you that they have been through a lot." That is the only way you get to the place in life that you realize that many blessings come through raindrops, pain, fear, etc....
I needed to be reminded of that this week. Hubby and I are struggling with our adoption wait more and more each day. Adoption is hard, y'all!!
When I hear this song, it reminds me of all that we went through with Aiden's adoption. There were lots of tears,lots of sleepless nights, lots of pain, lots of "mercies in disguise", lots of waiting, lots of questioning the Hand of our Faithful God. At the time, I didn't see the blessings, I only saw the pain...but I chose to trust Him,knowing that His heart is always good. God overcame SO SO SO many obstacles in our son's life and in our adoption process that when it was all over, it was SO clear to everyone looking at our life that God protected little Aiden's life and God chose him for us!
When they placed that little 5 pound body in my hands right after he was born, I saw the blessings! Amazing blessings! When I look at him sleeping now, or happily playing with a little black beetle in the backyard(such as today) or asking me to play "Jesus Loves Me" as we ride in the car, I AM BLESSED!! So Blessed.
So please continue to pray for our adoption process. We both feel that it will be soon....but there are so many unknowns. We are looking at some other agencies while continuing to wait with the one we are with......but we are seeking wisdom from God to know which way to turn. Pray that we will watch our Faithful Father bring another little miracle into our lives and pray that we will trust Him through the pain, tears, sleepless nights, fears and unknowns. Our Blessing will come because adoption is the heart of our Father and He is always good!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CSVqHcdhXQ

No comments:

Post a Comment