That song has been on my heart a lot this week. "Waiting on You, God.....though it's not easy, I will wait."
The waiting process of our adoption has gotten to me this week. Probably for several reasons....
1. My baby just turned 3 last Saturday (and I was hoping my kids would be 2 years apart)
2. The first time we adopted, we had gone through the whole process start to finish from November to May.......this time, we also began in November but we aren't even matched yet so it's gonna be a longer ride.
3. I have been sick this week - really sick - aches, chills, Very sore throat, head cold, bad cough......and when I am that sick - everything gets me down!!!
4. Our nursery is ready and just waiting for a little one!
Yeah, the list goes on and on. So I knew this week was coming. I have done this all before (although I can confidently say that the first time was a little harder since we didn't have any kids to keep us busy.) So the only way I can cope is just to keep giving it back to the Lord, knowing that He has my best interest in his heart...and He wants to place that sweet baby in our arms more than we want it ourselves. Seriously, I don't know how people make it through life without Jesus.....I can't imagine how hard that must be.
I also know that God is teaching me patience through all of this......y'all, I don't have much patience.....and God knows this. He has been working on that all my life!
So for those of you who are praying for our family....please keep praying....it's getting harder. We are still waiting to be matched and our agency seems to have not had many placements in the past couple of weeks. We KNOW God is in control....but sometimes it is really hard to find the joy in waiting. The unknown is also hard....we could have our new one tomorrow.......or it could be months or even years. Only God knows. So most of all, just pray for us to rest in His plan and leave it there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment