In this blog you will find the random thoughts and highlights of my every day life. Things in my day that may be funny, exciting, happy, disappointing, and sometimes sad............but through it all, my prayer is that you will see God in my life. Because without Him, nothing would matter~

Proverbs 3: 5 - 6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowlegde Him, and he will direct your paths."

Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Dedications,, Birthdays, Finalizations and More



Time is flying! Aiden will turn 4 years old in a little over a month.....this makes me sad a little. My baby is growing up way faster than I like! Ethan will turn 5 months next week.........how does this happen so fast?? Didn't we just bring him home??? Time, PLEASE slow down!!
So alot has happened in the past few weeks. We got word that we will be finalizing Ethan's adoption next week!!!!! Finally!!! That just means that he officially becomes a McLain and that he is legally ours! I am beyond excited for this day!

A few weeks ago, we dedicated our "Baby Ethy" (a nickname that Aiden gave to Ethan and has quickly become our name for him)to the Lord at our church. If you are not familiar with what that means, let me explain it! Better yet, let me show you a verse in the Bible that pretty much sums it up. (1 Samuel 1:27 - 28) "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord." So basically, it means just that. God gave us our beautiful boys and we wish to dedicate their lives to Him in that, we will pray for them, teach them about God, instruct them the right way to go....and pray that God will one day save them and use them for His purpose (whatever that might be). Here are a couple of pics of us right before the dedication service at our church.

1 comment:

  1. I love to hear you share your heart in this way. Beautiful writer.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete