In this blog you will find the random thoughts and highlights of my every day life. Things in my day that may be funny, exciting, happy, disappointing, and sometimes sad............but through it all, my prayer is that you will see God in my life. Because without Him, nothing would matter~

Proverbs 3: 5 - 6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowlegde Him, and he will direct your paths."

Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, April 19, 2012

My JOB

Let me just start by saying that I am writing this while severely sleep deprived so if there are random things that don't make any sense, please just overlook them! The last 48 hours have been interesting to say the least!

2 days ago, my neighbor told me about the latest slam on stay at home moms by Bill Maher. I was preoccupied with a 3 year old as he was talking to me, though, so I didn't really hear the whole story. This morning, I saw a post by a fellow SAHM friend regarding those comments and so I read it. Can I just say that some people are so ignorant?! They wouldn't know how to sound even a little intelligent if they had to. The article talked discredited Stay at home mothers by saying, basically, that we live a life of luxury because we don't have to be at work at 7AM in the cold and answer to a boss and look happy even if we are having a bad day. REALLY???? Well, Mr.Maher, here is the last 48 hours for this luxury-living mom.

Tuesday Night:
after a week of holding a baby upright to sleep (because he had a cold and couldn't sleep if he was laid down), he decided that he had grown to like being held by mommy or daddy all night and that he decided he would not sleep in a bed anymore......so Tues night was spent trying to battle a non-talking, 5 month old's will and teach him that he would, in fact, have to sleep without mommy or daddy sitting in a chair all night holding him...and that he could go longer than 2 hours without food and still be okay.
Wed morning:
6 AM - awake with Ethan to feed him while wondering why my 3 year old was still asleep. (Yes, we do much earlier than 7 AM work calls around here - typically around 5 is when he awakes).
Meanwhile, I take care of a tired, fussy, hungry baby and try to eat a quick breakfast of my own. Breakfast for me is usually interrupted by one of my "bosses" needing something from me. 7AM - Ethan is tired and wants to go to sleep...but is fighting.....so the battle begins again!
7:30 - Ethan down
8 AM - Aiden still not awake (this is an all time record so I am now very concerned). I go to check on him. he is awake but laying in his bed and he just looks at me. I ask him what is wrong and he just whimpers and asks me to hold him. Suddenly, I am very concerned. Before I was a mom, I never knew the fear that can strike a mom when her babies are sick and lifeless.....it may just be a cold, but as a mom, a million things are running through my head. So I say a quick prayer for us to find out whats wrong and for A to be okay.

To make a long story short, the next few hours were spent in a doctor's office with a child who is terrified of doctors, holding him down for the doctor to look at him, swab his throat, etc...while he just whimper cries and asks me to help him. I literally had tears in my eyes when I told him we had to go to the dr.He was so weak, he couldn't cry, so he just simply whimpered with crocodile tears falling down and said, "mommy, please,no." Mr. Maher, try that on...
Then we got our strep diagnosis, finally got him home and gave him his first dose of the meds that we had worked so hard to get....and he threw them up all over me. I felt SO helpless watching him suffer and dry heave after that, it broke my heart.
Throw in a full day of taking care of a sick, tired, whiny, demanding, grumpy 3 year old and a baby that is mad because he is getting less attention from mommy today.....then we start the night. Mr.Maher, no clocking out! Back on the job!

I slept from 12 to 1:30,although I went to bed at 8:30......trying, once again, to teach a 5 month old that he could sleep in his crib. He slept only one hour and a half, then woke up at 1:30 to eat. Then he decided that he was not going back into that crib, so I held a crying, fighting,angry 5 month old until 3:00, while also listening to my 3 year old and worrying that his fever might be back, and trying to keep the VERY LOUD cries from Ethan from waking up Aiden, who really needed to sleep and get better. Finally at 3 AM, mommy broke down, on the couch, in tears. Daddy came to the rescue and took care of Ethan so that I could go to bed. Aiden woke up about that time and I spent the next 45 minutes listening to the monitor for any sign of Aiden throwing up or crying. Finally about 4 AM, I fell asleep and slept until 5:45 when daddy had to get ready for work and Ethan wanted to eat again.
Thursday morning:

I am exhausted, Ethan is exhausted, Aiden is exhausted and we are all grumpy and not feeling well. I can't show my unhappiness, though, because I am a mom. My mood affects theirs. If I am grumpy with them, their little hearts get broken.......so I live for nap time today......only it didn't come without another fight from both children.Neither wanted to sleep.....but they needed it...so mommy had to rock both of them for an hour each while trying not to fall asleep myself!

Am I complaining? No.....can't say I have enjoyed the last 48 hours...but not complaining.I LOVE them. I love my job...........and Mr.Maher, it is a job! While you, sir, enjoy your lunch out with your co-workers today.....I was busy at work trying to keep my bosses happy. My lunch break consisted of a 5 minute break to eat.......while wiping up the soup my son spilled and soothing a baby who didn't want mommy to take a break without him. :)

1 comment:

  1. Preach it girl! Seriously, you need to send this to him!!!!

    ((hugz))
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete