Some days are better than others. This has been a challenging week! Not bad. Just challenging!
As we all know, it started off wrong on Election day. I'm sure you can guess why that is! Still can't believe it....but I know WHO holds tomorrow and that's enough for me!
Wed was a good day....BOTH of my children took naps for 2 HOURS at the SAME TIME! Oh that is a gift from Jesus! I was able to SCRAPBOOK. This is my new hobby and I am addicted! SO MUCH FUN! But then Joe came home from work sick.....he has what we all have had lately! Aiden is better, I am better, Ethan is def NOT. Poor thing. He has so much cold coming from his eyes that they are constantly matted closed. Gross, I know....but true.
Then there was today. Started out okay but didn't really end that way. Now I can say that some of it was kind of funny but not at the time! Aiden, Ethan and I had been playing outside and decided to come in. Aiden had gone in through our back screen porch so I picked up the toys and then brought Ethan in the same way. When I opened the door, I saw a baby snake on our back screen porch. I got the rake and went to put Ethan in the high chair just inside the back door. As I put him in it, Aiden went running out the door to see the snake. I was pretty sure this was a baby copperhead so I turned to pull Aiden back (momma instinct) and tell him not to go near it and that I would kill it in a minute. As pulled Aiden, I then heard a LOUD noise and realized that it was the tray to the highchair....at about the same second, I realized that I had gotten distracted with A and had not fastened Ethan in the chair. BAD MOMMY! Sure enough....LOUD wailing........all in ONE second! I look down to see Ethan laying FLAT on the wooden floor. Screaming. Scared me to death. I picked up E and tried to calm the screaming while looking him over on the head. I was certain he had head injuries, How could he not??? He had hit the wood floor from about 3 feet on the back of his head with NO brace. Meanwhile, it is still in the back of my mind to watch A because the snake is still on the back porch just a few feet from my back door (where we are all standing). Sure that the snake could hear all of our screaming and crying, I was sure he was in attack mode. Once I got E to stop screaming and examined his head really well, I could see that it seemed he was okay. He has a knot on his head.....but has acted fine for the last 2 hours. THANK YOU LORD!
Long story short, the snake was handled by my husband. It was already dead.....frozen....apparently from last night......but Joe cut off its head! Ethan is okay.......just has a goose egg on his head and a bad memory in his mommy's head!
The rest of the evening wasn't much better......Ethan was mad from the fall and still very sick......and he still hasnt adjusted to time change. He wants to go to bed at 4PM so we have constant crying from 4 to 6. So Ethan was screaming while I was cooking dinner. Crying is a "trigger" for Aiden's sensory issues.....so when add the screaming baby for 2 hours to the no nap for today and a 4 year old that has been up since EARLY this morning...........Aiden goes into full on attack mode. Attack the noise.......get rid of it. Well, the problem was that the noise was his baby brother..........so I constantly had to jump between A and E so that poor E wouldn't have another head injury....and cook dinner.....and worry about the snake and my 12 month old's head. Then Aiden finally just fell in the floor and started sobbing because he had taken all the noise he could handle......so here I am on the floor, holding Ethan in one hand crying, Aiden in the other, sobbing and wondering if my dinner was gonna burn!
Finally Daddy got home and the whole mood changed! Ethan went to bed, momma got a long, hot bath and Aiden got to have some quiet time on the couch with Daddy! What would we do without him????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment