So this was my first week as a stay at home mom and it was anything but boring!
We started out Monday when Aiden showed symptoms of a mild cold. I didn't think much about it - I really thought it was the beginning of an ear infection. That is pretty normal at our house! SO we put him to bed a little early to try to let him get some extra rest.
For some reason I couldn't sleep that night - not sure why - I never have a hard time sleeping! All I can say is that is was God keeping me awake so that I could hear what would soon take place.
At 11:30 PM, I heard a faint cry in the baby monitor - it was so low that I wasn't sure I had really heard anything. If I had been sleeping, I wouild have never heard it.......so I got out of bed to go check on Aiden. By the time I got to his room upstairs, he was gasping loudly for air and trying to cry. I had NO idea what was wrong with him. He has severe allergies to peanuts but I knew he had been in bed since 7 PM and had not been anywhere near any food. So then I thought that maybe it was asthma although he doesn't have asthma. His breathing was getting more and more distressed and I knew he was very close to stopping altogether. We called 911 and prayed ALOT. As I was holding my baby in the kitchen he was getting more and more lifeless and I continued to pray harder and harder. I am so glad we can call on God when we need Him.......I would hate to know that we were all alone in our situation. So once the paremedics got there, they immediately told us that he has the croup and that he would just need steroids and a breathing treatment and he would be okay.
Anyway, 4 days later he is doing a lot better. He just has a bad cold and we are watching him pretty closely.
What an induction into stay at home mommyhood! I really hope this week is better!!! :) But I am so thankful that Aiden is okay and that God was watching over him even when I couldn't help him.
Nicole
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment