In this blog you will find the random thoughts and highlights of my every day life. Things in my day that may be funny, exciting, happy, disappointing, and sometimes sad............but through it all, my prayer is that you will see God in my life. Because without Him, nothing would matter~

Proverbs 3: 5 - 6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowlegde Him, and he will direct your paths."

Our Family

Our Family

Friday, May 28, 2010

Reflections on Changes

I was reading a blog this morning and saw a post that I liked from another mother. She was writing to her child about how much her life has changed since she became a mom. So I thought I would copy her idea and put my own spin on it.
________________________________________
To my sweet little man:

I have dreamed of being a mommy since I was just a little girl. So by the time I reached adulthood and after alot of experience with teaching other's kids, I thought I had motherhood (and kids) all figured out. Sure it would be hard and rewarding all at the same time. I knew that. But what I didn't know was how much I didn't know and how much you would change me!

Before you were born, I had time for myself.
Before you were born, I could run to the store without thinking of every possible item that I would need to take care of someone else's needs. (diapers, crackers, clothes, band aids, and epi-pen!!)
Before you were born, I slept in on Saturdays.
Before you were born, "sleeping in" wasn't defined as sleeping until 6:00 AM!
Before you were born, I went to the bathroom in privacy.

Before you were born, I didn't know I could stay up ALL night just watching to make sure you were breathing because you were sick.
Before you were born, I didn't know sticky kisses and sticky fingers could be so sweet!
Before you were born, I didn't know how to be completely unselfish.
Before you were born, I could eat dinner slowly
Before you were born, I could eat my entire dinner....slowly!
Before you were born, I could talk to daddy about any subject without stopping to talk about Barney or the Wiggles or clean up a spilled mess.
Before you were born, I didn't know which hospital was the BEST nor did I have the route there memorized so that I could get there half asleep if needed!
Before you were born, I didn't know how much I would hurt when you were being punished for something that you did.
Before you were born, I didn't know what it felt like to KNOW that I would die for another life without thought!
Before you were born, I didn't truly know how great God's gift of His Son was!

Back then my happiness was so different that it is now and I am so blessed to be your mommy and to serve you in all these ways........God has been so good to me!

Nicole

1 comment: