In this blog you will find the random thoughts and highlights of my every day life. Things in my day that may be funny, exciting, happy, disappointing, and sometimes sad............but through it all, my prayer is that you will see God in my life. Because without Him, nothing would matter~

Proverbs 3: 5 - 6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowlegde Him, and he will direct your paths."

Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, August 28, 2010

White Water

Today has been a challenge to say the least! We decided to take Aiden to White Water this morning as a last summer swimming fun day! He has been with me several times but never with Daddy too. SO we loaded up the car and went. Let me just start by saying that he woke up at 4:45 this morning.........he is always an early riser but he has been sleeping until 6:00 for a few weeks so this morning was really early.
Once we got there,he was really excited to show Daddy the new Wiggles Water Park. He was showing no signs of being too tired so we let him play as hard as he wanted.......so after a few minutes we took him over to a wading pool that has some kiddie water slides in it. Normally he wants to go down them but I can never let him because it is usually just me and I cant be at the top of the slide and the bottom at the same time. The won't let adults slide and he cant swim obviously, so someone has to be at the bottom to catch him in the water. So today was gonna be a good day because he would be able to do it with me at the top and Daddy at the bottom. So I took him to the top and showed him that Daddy was at the bottom and that he would catch him. He went ballistic on me to put it mildly. If you have a small child that isnt a good sleeper, you will understand what I mean when I say that once the exhaustion hits them, its like someone else takes over their little bodies. It's not pleasant!!! SO he decided to take it all out on me......for the rest of the morning, I was the enemy. He only wanted Daddy to play with him and he didnt want to have anything to do with me :( Usually that lasts about 5 minutes but this morning it lasted for the next hour. So needless to say, I had a horrible morning and do did Aiden......and so did Daddy!!
So we are really hoping that the afternoon at home will be much better - he just took a 3.5 hour nap and I hear him calling my name - so maybe he loves me again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment