In this blog you will find the random thoughts and highlights of my every day life. Things in my day that may be funny, exciting, happy, disappointing, and sometimes sad............but through it all, my prayer is that you will see God in my life. Because without Him, nothing would matter~

Proverbs 3: 5 - 6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowlegde Him, and he will direct your paths."

Our Family

Our Family

Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Fun

I love Halloween.......well,not the real reason for Halloween....but I love the kids dressing up and getting lots of candy for Halloween........they are all SO cute!
This is Aiden's first Halloween that he can actually kind of "get" it! I am so excited..........probably more excited than him! He is a lion this year. Well, he will be if I can talk him into putting on his costume. He likes his freedom...and this lion costume restricts his personal space so he is fighting it a little!
Last year he was a monkey (a very cute one) but he wasn't allowed to have candy yet, (Yes, I was one of "those" moms) so we took him trick or treating....but then we found out 2 months later that he has a life threatening allergy to peanuts. As in, he can't even have candy that has been made on the same machinery as candy with peanuts. So had I given him that candy, he could have died! I'm SO glad God watches over my little boy even when I have NO clue that something bad could happen! I am so glad Joe and I are not in this parenting thing without our Heavenly Father.
So we are taking him to a neighborhood trunk or treat tomorrow morning & then a carnival tomorrow night. He is limited to skittles, lollipops, smarties and similar candies........but I am still gonna take him every year and let him be a kid. My heart hurts to think he cant go trick or treating every year just like every other kid and eat whatever is put in his bag. So I am gonna fix him a bucket with his candy and swap it out for the candy that he can't have. Hopefully he will never know!

Then Sunday afternoon, Aiden is gonna go stay with his Nana and Papa (Joe's parents) from Sunday until Friday......I know he will have tons of fun but I am gonna MISS him SO SO much! I am looking forward to a break for 4 days......it will be really good for my mental health....but I will miss him for sure!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear you are taking some mental health days too ;-) They really are refreshing!

    Also, wow! Didn't know about Aiden's peanut allergy! God is sooo good. I'm glad He made you one of "those mommies" a perfect mommy for Aiden ;-)

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete