It's been a LONG time since I have blogged! Too Long! SO, Jamie, this one is for you!!! I finally did it!
Today has been a rough day. I started the day by going to visit my former co-workers at NAMB. That went well! It was good to see everyone and hear what is going on in their lives. Aiden was pretty good while we were there so I was able to talk to quite a few people. Next, I decided we would go to the mall and play a little and then meet Daddy for lunch....everything went down hill from there. Let me begin by saying that Aiden didn't sleep well last night and was ready for nap time at 10:00 AM (about the same time we arrived at the mall). SO as soon as I drag my sleepy little boy out of the car into the freezing cold weather, into a very crowded mall and head to the potty to change his very wet diaper, he started to get really fussy. Then just as we finished in the potty and were making our way to the playground, the mall alarm went off..............very, very loudly. Cue very bad headache for me, mass confusion for everyone in the building, and MORE fussing from my toddler. SO they turned off the alarm (which was false) and we made our way to the playground. Aiden was excited and life was great.......until this kid that was a good bit older than my son decided that of all of the 20 kids playing, that he wanted to pick on my son. I sat back and watched him. As my son was trying to play with him, he would push him away and say something to him. Aiden didnt really understand that the little boy didnt like him - he thinks everyone likes him - so he would run after this little boy again and again. So then the kid decided that he would start bullying my child - yes, bullying. Aiden finally realized that this boy was not wanting to play with him, which really hurt his feelings and he started to cry. SO, of course I comforted him and then I did what any mom would do. I accompanied my child to the slide that this other little boy would not let Aiden anywhere near. Y'all - he still tried to jump in front of Aiden and push him off the slide - so I calmy told the boy not to push him again. My son was terrified of him - and that made me really sad! So Aiden wouldn't get on the slide. So after I reassured him that I was right there and he didnt need to be afraid of the little boy - Aiden finally did it once and then wanted to leave.
Next we met Daddy at Chickfila where Aiden slammed the playground door on his tiny little fingers and put two pretty deep cuts in them. We just ended up leaving there too. Then he didnt take a nap..........so the rest of the day was really hard.
So glad tomorrow is another day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Ugh! I'm so sorry for your bad day!! Doesn't it help though to type it out there into cyber space? ;-)
ReplyDeleteI hate bullies! Poor Aiden - but it sounds like you took care of business mommy!
Hope tomorrow is better for you. Look at it this way, at least he doesn't have the flu like Beth ;-) You wanna stay home with that? I'll trade ya tomorrow! hehe
((hugz))
Jamie