In this blog you will find the random thoughts and highlights of my every day life. Things in my day that may be funny, exciting, happy, disappointing, and sometimes sad............but through it all, my prayer is that you will see God in my life. Because without Him, nothing would matter~

Proverbs 3: 5 - 6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowlegde Him, and he will direct your paths."

Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Me?? Bored??

Every once in a while, someone asks me if I get bored being a stay-at-home mom. Typically it is someone with no children!!! :) Since I don't usually like to cause a scene, I just sweetly say, "no, he keeps me pretty busy."
What I would LOVE to say is...."um, no, but don't you get bored sitting in front of the computer all day??" But I keep my mean thoughts to myself and smile all the while thinking of the hundreds of things that I still need to get done before lunchtime!
Take today for instance. First of all, I was awakened by the lovely thunderstorms at 3 AM this morning. I laid there listening to the sound of multiple explosions (or was that thunder) outside of my window and watched the lightning that was as bright as the sun flashing every few seconds while wondering (okay, worrying) that I should probably go get my son since he is on the top floor and we are on the bottom. What if the lightning struck something and caused a fire....or what if I heard the "train sound" of a tornado? Could I run up the stairs to get him in the 30 seconds that they say you have after you hear the sound? It's just making me tired again thinking about it!!!
So after deciding at 4 AM that we would all live through this one, I went to sleep. But only lightly because my son usually wakes up around 5:30...so I knew I didn't have long and if I went to sleep "heavily" I would have a really bad headache for the rest of the day. Can you tell I have done this before??
So then....of course he picks this ONE day of his entire life to sleep until 7:30 (probably because the storms woke him up too and he was just as exhausted as I was).
So....once he woke up, and ate breakfast...which I might add ended up all over the floor (waffle syrup and all)...we (no, I ) cleaned that up...then I sat down to make a grocery list. Have you ever tried to make a grocery list while a 33 lb child is crawling all over you and trying to tie up your hands in a wrestling match?? All while you are trying to plan 2 weeks of meals that includes some form of protein, fruit and one of the 3 vegetables that my child will eat....but also make is all low-carb for my hubby...and try to make most of it not come out of a box...and fit the budget?? Let me tell you, it is no easy task but I have just about conquered it!!!
Next we headed to the bathtub. The only way that I can get a shower in the morning is for my son to take a bath at the same time. Yes, he is almost 3.....but if he is not kept busy, the results can be catastrophic!! Literally, as in, I am afraid he will kill himself!!! (The one time I tried that, he climbed the OUTSIDE of the stair rail almost to the top - probably about 10 feet high).
Once we finished his bath, I got him dressed, cleaned up the soaking wet floor, tried to finish getting ready myself while keeping a constant eye on him, cleaned up a few more messes (he is potty training) and finally...we were ready to go to the grocery store. Once we got there,I took out my list and got ready to "do this" as fast as I could. Aiden doesn't like being confined to the grocery cart for more than 5 minutes.....and letting him walk with me SO doesnt work!!!! So after he had a complete meltdown as I was putting him in the cart....we got that under control and started shopping. By aisle 3, he was ready to get down. I think the organizers of the grocery stores know this because they stratigically place the cookies and crackers somewhere in that vicinity. So...I did what any mother would do...and what I said I would never do.....I opened a box of crackers and let him eat them in the cart. I used to think that was SO wrong......yeah, I didn't have kids then. :)
That was just the beginning of my day....up until about 10:00 AM. So do I get bored??? NO...I can honestly say I have NEVER been bored......but I am extremely blessed. I LOVE every minute of it. I love seeing the smile on my little boy's face every morning when he wakes up and he wraps his little arms around my neck and says "Mornin mommy".....I LOVE when I can take him outside and show him how "Hermie" the caterpillar came back to see him....and I LOVE cleaning up all of his messes because I know that means my little boy is a healthy, independent, strong, opionated little boy that loves life.....and I am blessed to get to share it with him!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment