Today was a much better day than yesterday. We got a new dog on Tuesday night. WOW. He is a lot more work than I remember! I haven't had a dog since I was a teenager. Now I understand why mom was always reluctant to get a new doggie. Tuesday night we got very little sleep and Wednesday flat wore me out between trying to teach the dog that he doesn't have to follow me EVERYWHERE I go all day long......and also teaching Aiden all the dog rules like not trying to take the dog's food out of his mouth when he is eating....and trying to remember whether I was about to take Aiden or Tebow (the dog) to the potty. They are both potty trained....but both need reminding!
We got him for Aiden. He LOVES animals and we thought they would be good friends. They are becoming very good pals now and that is what we wanted!!! So we are adjusting but I def understand why people count their dog as a child....yeah - he counts!
As for the adoption, we heard this afternoon that the birthmother is still deciding. She called the agency to ask some more questions about us and about the other family. She was concerned about Aiden and Hunter (the 2 year old) being close in age. They are exactly 1 year and 4 days apart. So she is gonna take a little more time to decide.
Now for my favorite time of day......eating popcorn on the couch with my 2....no make that 3 favorite guys and watching a movie....well more like a cartoon. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment