So.......yeah.......it's been a long time since I have blogged. Sorry y'all! I think about it, I really do......but its rare to get 30 minutes to myself these days. When I do, I just want to sleep!
Lots of adjustments going on around here. In some ways, it has been easier than I thought it would and it some ways, it has been harder!
Ethan is 7 weeks tomorrow.......7 WEEKS! Oh my word, how did that happen?? He is doing great. He has been such a good baby. Very laid back. He really only cries if he is hungry or if he is hurting (he has lots of gas issues). He is still very much a newborn right now, though. We have been told to look for his milestones at his adjusted age (the age he should be if he were born full term). That would make him 6 days old today. That has proved pretty true. He isnt making eye contact yet. I was worried about that for a while, but have been told my other preemie moms that it is normal for them to be a little behind in their milestones. Aiden was also early but met most of the "physical" milestones on time.
Aiden is doing great - just adjusting to being a big brother. He LOVES his baby brother. He goes around all day, saying, "I have a baby brother!" SO cute! He has had some moments, though. If mommy is busy with the baby and can't play with him, he "doesn't want a baby brother." He is doing a lot better with helping me too. At first, he was REALLY rough with Ethan and it caused some problems.........but he is slowly adjusting and has learned to be gentle (most of the time). I still can't leave them alone in the same room together though. No. Def not! Bad things would happen. :( LOL!
Joe and I are adjusting too. Well, somewhat! We LOVE being the parents of 2 - but it is hard work,y'all! Ethan still eats every 3 hours and then he has his tummy issues about 30 min to an hour after he eats and it takes him about an hour to eat his bottle at night so we are up pretty much all night. We take "shifts" at night but Ethan is in our room,so we are both up when he is pretty much!
Aiden didnt sleep through the night until he was almost 2, so we are def used to it.Honestly, this time it is much easier than it was with him. I think its because we know it is temporary this time and that this stage will end. This time I am trying really hard not to rush it away.....these times with Ethan are the most precious and easiest times to parent. I used to think the newborn stage was as hard as it gets when Aiden was a baby......then he hit 2 and then 3 and I learned that the easiest times are behind us! LOL!!
All in All, things are great here! WE ARE BLESSED and SO HAPPY!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment