I just started reading a new book, "The Power of a Positive Mom" by Karol Ladd. I am just on Chapter 2, but so far it is a really good book. Can you tell what I need help with lately?? :)
Seriously, I LOVE being a stay at home MOM....LOVE IT. But some days are more challenging than others. Recently I have had some pretty challenging days. I haven't been as positive as I would like to be. Sometimes I wonder how my mom did it. She was ALWAYS positive, always kind and never lost her temper with me. I mean it. Really. She expected me to obey always and there were consequences when I didn't....but she always made me feel loved and forgiven. Always.
I want to be that kind of mom. Always. Lately I have been tired. Yeah - every 3 hour feedings through the night will do that to you. Tired is okay....but grumpy is not! I have been grumpy. When I get grumpy, its my kids who feel it because they are with mommy all day long. Their needs are constant (as they should be) and when I am tired and grumpy and 2 little people constantly need something from me....I get grumpier. That's my mistake...not theirs.
Anyway, I have asked God to help me...even when I am tired...to be always loving,always kind, always available for them. He showed me through this book I am reading some verses. I have heard these verses all my life but never applied them to parenting. But they really fit parenting!
Here they are: (Romans 12: 7-8)
If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him to it cheerfully."
Now I just have to put that into practice.....even when I have had no sleep and I hear "mommy" for the 100th time is 20 minutes and the baby doesn't want to be put down and my son wants to tell every stranger he meets that he is not their friend. (He heard that from someone last week and now he wants to try out that phrase on everyone - the latest being a very nice elderly lady at WalMart.) I can only do that through the Lord....I am SO glad He is always present and willing to help!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm usually grumpy mom after a long day of work and the kids want all my attention - understandably - at the end of the day when all I want to do is sleep! Ugh!
ReplyDeleteKeep sharing those bible verses!!! I need em' too!
((hugz))
Jamie