In this blog you will find the random thoughts and highlights of my every day life. Things in my day that may be funny, exciting, happy, disappointing, and sometimes sad............but through it all, my prayer is that you will see God in my life. Because without Him, nothing would matter~

Proverbs 3: 5 - 6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowlegde Him, and he will direct your paths."

Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Bunnies, Eggs and JESUS

I am SO glad spring is finally here. I don't know about you, but for us its been a long, long winter. Lots of cold, lots of rain and lots of sick germs!!! Today was awesome! I LOVE sun! 
So, of course, we had to get out in it today and enjoy it!!! First we went to a church/community egg hunt this morning. Aiden was SO excited to go......Ethan was just excited that Aiden was excited!!!  Here they are before we left. Aren't they cute??


When we got there, it started out pretty well. Not a big crowd, not a lot of noise and plenty of room to move. Aiden headed for the 3 bounce houses they had set up and was having a great time. Then he saw the Easter Bunny and to my surprise he RAN up to him and gave him a big hug........BIG STEP! Awesome! Then I realized more and more people were coming in and the lines to get in were huge......and then I noticed that Aiden was also noticing and was getting a little anxious. He can't handle big crowds. He can't process all the noise, movement, sight and smells. Its too much for him. He asked to go and  play on the playground. I thought that would be a good idea ( a good break) away from the crowd for him........but about the same time Aiden thought of it, everyone else did too. That was a nightmare. Tons of kids and tons of parents in a small space. Kids screaming in play. Parents screaming for their kids to not run away from them......and Aiden trying his best to make sense of it all without melting down. He lasted about 10 minutes in there and then I saw him, coming straight to me, lip out and trembling, body stiff and eyes begging me to help. I just grabbed him up, found Joe (who was trying to find him) and told Joe that we needed to get away from the noise. Aiden clung, I mean CLUNG to me and melted down....people were looking, of course. To which I wanted to say, People, WHY do you always look at my boy like you have never seen a 4 year old cry before???  It.gets.on.my nerves!!!!  So then he realized that people were staring at him and he stopped crying, but silently sobbed in my shoulder. 
We thought we would try to get a snack and take it somewhere quiet to let him calm down......we tried.......he wouldn't stop crying (even while he was eating). I asked him if he wanted to go home or try to stay and hunt the eggs (because he had been looking forward to that). He said he wanted to go home.......and he really did..........he never changed his mind on that one. Once we got to the van, he was fine, happy and just kept saying he didn't want an egg and he didn't like those people. Translation - "Mommy, don't ever put me through that again."  Poor guy.
So then we came home, took a nap, and talked him into going to a QUIET cookout/egg hunt with our church friends at a local park. Let me just say, it went awesome for him. No meltdowns and he had a wonderful time playing and finding eggs with all his friends. So did Ethan. I love our church friends who are quickly becoming like family to us. 
Here are some pics from the cookout: 
                                                          Ethan exploring the grass!


                                                             The most adorable kids I know


                            Ethan and our future daughter in law. She gave him his first kiss tonight!






    Aiden and I taking a last stroll across the bridge before leaving and enjoying some jelly beans!







 Now we are home and ready for bed so that we can wake up and celebrate the REAL reason for Easter. Bunnies and eggs are fun..............but JESUS is what it's all about! I am SO glad that he CHOSE to die for my sins and that he didn't stay dead........but he AROSE!!!!  Happy Easter everyone!

                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment