I have been trying to blog for about a month and every time I think about it, I either don't have time or I can't decide what I want to write about! So this may be a little scattered but here goes....
My kids KEEP getting older! Really, stop already! I want them to stay little for as long as possible. I love little. Some people have told me I am crazy for thinking that way but I love little. The cuddles, the innocence, the laughs! It's all awesome. Exhausting, sometimes, but awesome! Ethan is 16 months old. Yes, 16 months old! Where did my baby go??? :( He is running, climbing, falling, exploring, walking, falling, talking, pitching tantrums, you get the picture.He is a toddler. He is SO smart! I can say that since I am not responsible for his genes! His is SO smart. Blows.Me.Away sometimes and SO precious! Love that boy and his sweet cuddles.
Then there is Aiden. Oh My Word. He will be 5 in 2 months. Y'all, I said 5. I think I'm gonna cry on that one! I have been scrap booking recently. I just started with Aiden and I have just completed his first year......oh that makes me miss his babyhood. It was just yesterday that he learned to walk and talk....he has changed SO much! So we are getting ready to plan a birthday party for him. He wants Mike the Knight......so that's what he will get! He has started talking in full sentences in the last few months......a BIG step for him. He is using big words and learning to express himself and his emotions........not every time...but a lot of the time. Again a BIG step! I wish I could show you how much of a step forward he is taking. His Occupational Therapist told me 2 weeks ago that she thought he is ready for school.......WHAT??? A year ago, I was really, really unsure we would get there in 2 years, much less 1. Even though she feels he is ready, we will continue to home school him (we have prayerfully sought God on this one and feel that He has confirmed it again and again) but he will attend a small class one day a week next year to try to help him to adjust to a group atmosphere. He is doing great in his class at church....again a BIG step. We were helpers in his class yesterday and I got to see some things that made this momma PROUD! His teacher asked the kids to get a chair and make a circle to hear the story...y'all he sat in my lap and was quietly listening......I didn't think we would EVER get there. I really didn't. THEN at the end of the story, she asked them to play a game (kind of like hot potato) and if they had the ball when the music stopped, they had to say one thing God made. That doesn't sound hard for a 5 year old....and its not for most. But for my guy, there are a ton of factors that play into this. First he is still sitting. Second, there is music playing and he has to hear the music and concentrate on the ball being passed. Third, when it lands on him, he has to think and speak in front of everyone. A year ago, there is NO WAY he could have done even ONE of those steps. Y'all he did it!!!! When the ball stopped on him, I have to admit I was cringing inside thinking, "oh no, he can't do this.....please, please no one laugh at him." Then I whispered to him, "What did God make?" Again, I was reminding him to stay on task....it has become second nature to me to do that. I prepared to tell him it was okay as I thought his next step would be a meltdown of yelling how much he "doesn't love everyone" in frustration. But He did it. I heard his precious, little voice say "Storms." What??? Did that come from his mouth?? Storms??? Yes, a different answer from what most of the kids said......BUT he said a DIFFERENT answer.....not copied....all on his own.... I didn't help him.....and he was right!!! GOD did make storms!!! I whispered (but felt like shouting) how PROUD of him I was!!!!! You probably won't understand unless you have a child that struggles.........but that was one of the proudest moments of my life!!!! REALLY!!!! You GO, sweet boy!!!!
We still struggle....just this morning, he opened up to me about some kids laughing at him about some other things......and my heart breaks for him........like INTO! But I just remind him that he is awesome and smart and funny and that he is SO much stronger than most of those kids will ever be! We also had a rough day at home......we struggle a lot with the sensory challenges that having a noisy toddler in the house brings.....and how he has to learn to handle it without hurting or lashing out at his brother......but then I see more and more moments of them starting to play together (safely) if even only for 10 minutes....and THAT is a big deal!
SO I am blessed and SO thankful for all God is doing in the lives of my kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Yeah! Love me some blog posts!!! ;-)
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you and your family. I just love watching how He is using you!
((hugz))
Jamie