In this blog you will find the random thoughts and highlights of my every day life. Things in my day that may be funny, exciting, happy, disappointing, and sometimes sad............but through it all, my prayer is that you will see God in my life. Because without Him, nothing would matter~

Proverbs 3: 5 - 6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowlegde Him, and he will direct your paths."

Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Chicken Nuggets and Jesus

So yesterday on my way home from work, I had a revelation! okay - it wasn't that deep - but it was pretty cool!

Aiden has started talking more and more over the past few weeks. Some of it is easy to understand and some of it - well, not so much - but it's all really cute!
Anyway, yesterday on our way home we pass a McD*s near our house. We try not to eat there very often but we probably do it more than we should. So yesterday, we were stopped at the Red Light (by McD*s) waiting for the light to change. I hear from the back a little voice saying ("Mommy, Mommy, peeees"). I apparently wasn't paying attention to him enough so he got a little louder and more bossy! ("Mommy, we we - peeeese.") I finally caught on that he was trying to tell/ask me something. So I said "What baby?" He pointed to McD*s and said "CHICKEN -peeese." I didn't know whether to be more shocked that he knows the word chicken or that he knows that it is where we get his chicken! But I was SO happy that he was able to tell me what he wanted and that he wasn't afraid to ask!
Now just in case you are wondering, we didn't get the chicken! I had planned to cook a healthy meal at home.
Back to my mini revelation - I was so happy that he took the time (and for him - effort)to ask me for what he wanted. It reminds me of God and how much it delights Him when we ask Him for what we want or need. He doesn't always grant our wishes because He knows it isn't the best choice for us - just as I chose not to give Aiden the greasy chicken (this time) because I wanted to cook a healthy meal at home for him. Still, I was overjoyed that my son wanted to tell me what he wanted and trusted me to hear his request and I will be happy to see his joy when the right time comes for him to get his "chicken" from his favorite restaurant!

Nicole

1 comment: