We'll be leaving for vacation in just a few hours........well, a vacation to Nana & Papa's house near the beach. I am learning that these vacations are the best in the world anyway. Why? That's easy - I get to REST, enjoy the beach, good food, sleeping in, watching my little man get spoiled rotten, did I mention sleeping in? All while someone else gladly takes care of my little boy and loves him to pieces no matter how many tantrums he throws. She does all the cooking too!
Joe and I are so blessed to have such a wonderful family. After losing my dad at such a young age, I have known the importance of family for some time now. Those days are golden and each one is a time you will never get back.
When I think about how fast Aiden is growing up - seriously - he was just born yesterday, right? He is half way to kindergarten. Oh my word that makes me want to cry! When I think about that, it makes me realize, even more, how much time I want him to be able to spend with his grandparents. Have you ever noticed how much time and love grandparents have to give? They are not worried about the small things like we parents are. Recently my mom kept Aiden for a few hours so Joe and I could have a date night. When we got home, mom said, " I hope you don't mind but I let Aiden have 4 Popsicles after dinner tonight." The first thing I said was "Mom, 4????" Silently, I was thinking "I'll be up all night tonight." But then I stopped and thought about the big picture. To Aiden, that was happiness and a great memory! He does this little happy dance when he is really excited. Mom said he did that after every Popsicle and asked for "more stick, please?" (Stick is what he calls a Popsicle).
To me, it was a lot of sugar and a late night - but then I realized that it isn't all about me. One day, pretty soon, he will be too big for "sticks" and happy dances. Thanks, Mom, for the wonderful lesson. Now I cant let him have 4 "sticks" every time he asks............but I sure can "give in" just a little every once in a while before my baby grows up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment