Whew! So glad last week is over and Joe is back from Utah! We really missed Daddy around here. I've said it before, I dont know how single parents do what they do. Amazing! I was worn out after one day.....and by the end of the week, I was about ready to take off to Hawaii! Seriously it was a challenging week......most of that had to do with our adoption road.
We had 4 situations come up last week. Here is the update:
Monday - called about a baby in Utah that was due Oct 24 and would be induced. We were the only family available as there were a few risks. I waited until late Monday night when Joe got back to his hotel room to discuss with him and we decided that we would like to be "presented" to this birthmom and she if she liked us. The budget for this one is at the top of our budget so we were a little stressed about that....but we decided if God wanted it to happen, He would make it!
Tuesday - called our agency to let her know that we would like to be considered for this one. Told her Joe is in Utah so that might be helpful. She said that this is a c-sec so maybe they could move it up to this week if we got picked so that I could fly to Utah to meet Joe and it would save us some money. The rest of the day was quiet and uneventful.
Wednesday - Wow - Wednesday! First of all, I cant even remember all that happened that day! It was insane! We got a call about a baby in Florida (due Nov 11th) that sounded good. Put in a call to Joe and we decided to go forward on that one. Meanwhile, our agency called to say that we needed some more paperwork in our homestudy in case we got picked on the Utah baby and needed to go this week. Started filling out all that paperwork and then got another e-mail for another baby in Fl - due Nov 28th....this one sounded really good so I went ahead and gave them our yes...and she started to gather everything for that one. Meanwhile, my son was feeling my stress and was not having a good day......at all! Then I need to go teach my 3 year old Cubbies at the end of the day..........let me just say, I slept really good that night!
Thursday - Got a call that we would be shown on Monday for the Utah baby but there was also another Utah baby....that had been born earlier last week and was ready to be discharged. It fit our budget. There were some risks with the baby....but she was born and was acting as a healthy baby......so I put in a call to Joe and we decided to take the risk, trust God and say yes. There were 2 families interested. Us and one other.....so we would have to wait and see if we were picked that day. Joe was still in Utah but would be flying back on Friday morning so we were hoping that they would let us know something before he flew back so that we wouldnt have to pay for another ticket for him too. I had to fill out a LOT of paperwork again to be ready for this one as well. SO all day was spent getting ready for this one. I got a call about 8PM that we might get a late night call as soon as the birthmother decided. If we were picked, we would need to get on a plane Friday and go get meet Joe and pick her up. I went to work looking for flights. It became evident that I would have to lay over in Colorado (with Aiden) and I was not looking forward to that!
Friday - NO call ever came so I called our agency at 1PM that afternoon and was told that they picked another family. There had ended up being 4 families shown to her and she picked one of the other ones. Disappointed but so glad to have an answer. Joe got back into town about dinner time and after we put A to bed, we were able to discuss the week.
Both of us feel that we are growing very weary of the wait (2 years in Jan) and the daily ups and downs, daily decisions, and endless paperwork that is hitting us right now. We are still set to hear about the other 3 situations that we had heard about earlier in the week. We did hear on Friday that the other Utah baby that was due Oct 24th is actually due Nov 24th......and that is the one we will hear about this week.Right now we are the only family.....but that will probably change. We are "pressing on" this week to hear about the outcome of this Utah baby and one of the FL babies. (the other FL baby's father is not sure he doesnt want to parent).
After this week, if we hear "no" on these babies, it is very likely that we are gonna "abandon ship" and get off this crazy ride. Still very much seeking God and asking Him to clearly show us His will. This does make us a little sad. Not the way we thought this journey would end.....but looking forward to some peace in our lives!
Please keep praying...and stay tuned!
\
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


{{HUGS}} Stopping to say a prayer for you right now, sweet Nicole. Love you.
ReplyDelete