In this blog you will find the random thoughts and highlights of my every day life. Things in my day that may be funny, exciting, happy, disappointing, and sometimes sad............but through it all, my prayer is that you will see God in my life. Because without Him, nothing would matter~

Proverbs 3: 5 - 6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowlegde Him, and he will direct your paths."

Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Road Trip

As promised, here is a continuation of our story!

So as soon as Courtney called to tell us that this was our baby, we sprung into action. We planned to pack and take care of last minute details on Sat and then drive all the way to Sarasota on Sunday. But then we realized that would be a 10 hour drive and once we got here we would have to go immediately to the hospital and meet our birthmom with a very tired and grumpy 3 year old. (He is not a fan of big trips in the car). So we decided to drive halfway on Sat night and find a hotel and then drive the rest of the way on Sunday. SO we started packing......but first I had to finish planting my flowers (cuz I'm not big on wasting money). Joe tried to convince me otherwise....but I just could not bring myself to leave those flowers to die! After I finished the flowers, I headed upstairs to start packing Aiden and the baby. Once Aiden's suitcase was finished, I headed into the nursery. And then it hit me..........I don't have anything to pack for him......not only that but it HIT me that I now have 2 children and that I just watched a miracle happen! God caused my unexpected son to be born on the SAME day that I had planned to give up. I had walked into that same nursery just a few days before dreading having to pack up and sell all the precious baby items that I had spent so much time and effort organizing! I had even thought that I would ask a couple of my really close friends to help me pack away the stuff because I knew it would be VERY painful. Like grieving a death almost. BUT instead, I was packing baby items for my new baby!!! God - you are SO good. Let me just stop and say that even if God had asked us to "give up" our dream - HE would STILL be good. His goodness comes from his tenderness as a father and his absolute sovereignty in all he does......and that HE is faithful. SO faithful!
Anyway, once we got things packed and ready to go, grabbed our HUGE red folder of adoption paperwork just in case someone needed something. We headed out the door with a plan! Aiden fell asleep just 2 hours into the trip (thank you, Jesus) and that gave Hubby and I some time to finally stop and talk about all that just happened! We made it to the hotel about midnight and my active, non-sleeping, sweet boy went right to sleep! Again - God, you are SO good! The next morning, we started the 2nd half of our journey and the trip to meet our baby Ethan!

No comments:

Post a Comment