So we began "preschool at home" last week and it's going pretty good. The first day was horrible and I wasn't sure it was going to work at all after that....but after the first day, Aiden was excited and ready to learn! He always tends to have a tough time with his schedule changing so I think that was what the fuss on day 1 was all about.
Last week, we just reviewed colors, working with glue and counting 1-15.
This week he is learning his shapes and we are working on cutting paper and identifying numbers on paper and he has learned a Bible verse (Do not be afraid, For I (God) am with you. Is 41:10).
Next week, we begin phonics as well (for him, that is just learning his ABC's right now). HE will also become a Cubbie in AWANAS next week. If you don't know what AWANA is - it is awesome. It's a program @ church for kids ages 2 - middle school that teaches them about God. They hear a Bible story, play fun games,do a craft and memorize Bible verses and they meet once a week. I teach Cubbies (which is for 3 and 4 year olds) so I may have him in my class this year. I was a Cubbie when I was little so it is extra special to me to share that with him!
It is amazing to watch my little guy start to learn so much. He is growing so fast these days!
Update on the adoption front: We are being "presented" to a birth mother tonight that is set to give birth in October. Again, we are being shown to her with other adoptive couples, so we just wait and see if we are chosen. If we are - then we are back on this crazy roller coaster again! She will make her decision by the weekend (hopefully)!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment